Pages

Friday, April 17, 2015

Peugeot 308T Performance Deteriorates Over Time

[updated on July 1st, 2010 on 400m standing test]

When I planned to buy another car in 2008/2009 my basic specs were:-

- costs less than RM150k
- should be able to accelerate from 0 to 100kph in less than 10sec.
- top speed beyond 200kph.
- must also have adequate safety features
- Continental car

The only cars shortlisted around that time were of course the New Peugeot 308T and a used W203. I opted for the former. Actually I was one of those who booked the 308T even before it was launched. Subsequently I canceled my booking on the used [2nd hand] 3-pointed star W203K to replace the old W124.

[308 vs C-class W203]

However over time, the performance seems to deteriorate slightly [based on butt-dyno]. I also asked for opinions from fellow 308T owners. As usual there were quick answers such as long term effect on RON95 and high viscosity oil that I used, etc...

I didnt jump into any conclusion as yet without technical proof, so I decided to carry out tests to verify. I did the sprint tests twice on the same road but on different days and at different time and the result ...
[click on the image to enlarge]

To my surprise, the car does not only maintain its performance but has improved in century acceleration timing. Now it takes between 9.0 to 9.1 seconds to sprint . For instance the car is still in its original condition and running on RON95 gasoline. Last year it took between 9.2 to 9.4 seconds! [click HERE]

[published data]

Peugeot 308T performance does not deteriorate as yet even after clocking 25,000km [only butt-dyno tells otherwise] . So does its performance on cheaper and lower RON rating fuel.

Next is standing test...
[click on the image to enlarge]

Comparing with last years data the test shows that there is an improvement in 400m standing by 0.2 seconds down to 16.1 seconds.

Frequently visited pages:
Fuel Consumption
Performance
uncles DIY
Car Size Comparison
Motoring Myths
RON95

Related Posts by Categories

0 comments:

Post a Comment